Let's get started!
You will need:
- Parchment Paper
- A plate or small flat container
- A double-boiling system. I don't have one so I simply use one smaller Pyrex pot inside the other. Improvise!
- 6 Large Organic Strawberries
- 2 TBS Raw, unfiltered Honey
- 2 TBS Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract OR 1/4 tsp of Vanilla Bean (what I used)
- 3 TBS Raw Cacao powder
- 1/2 TBS Maca Root powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- pinch of Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Get your double boiler setup and turn on the stove to LOW/MED heat and let is sit for 5mins, then down to LOW. If you are not familiar with the double boiler setup, simply fill a large pot with about 1/4 water. Then, place a smaller pot inside the larger pot.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Wash Strawberries ;-)
- Add Coconut oil to the pot and allow it to melt.
- Add Honey and stir until mixed well into a creamy consistency.
- Add Vanilla, Cacao, Maca, Cinnamon, & salt slowly while stirring. This may require that you remove the small pot onto a stable surface. Mix well until until completely blended in. Taste test! Make sure it is sweet enough and perfect for you. :)
- Get your dish ready with parchment paper (I taped the sides to ensure a flat surface)
- Dip the strawberries in the chocolate and use a spoon to set it where you want the chocolate to be. You can drizzle or simple dip them as I did.
- Set the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes and then transfer to the refrigerator.
REMEMBER: Coconut Oil melts at 78 degrees F. Keep them in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
~ Blessings & LOVE ~
Happy Valentine's Day!