Sunday, November 17, 2013

Cranberry Alkalizing Green Juice




Green Juice! One of my favorite things in the world! 

Juicing is one of the best changes I have implemented to better my health so far. As soon as I drink green juice, I feel light, energized and nourished. The most powerful thing about green juice is that the nutrients are absorbed right away! Easy on your body and digestive system.


I have been juicing for about 4years now. I still love it as much as I did on day one. After several juice fasts of 5, 10 and 20 days I felt absolutely wonderful! These fasts did a lot to heal my relationship with food, to clear my mind and most importantly cleanse and give my digestive system a break. 

Throughout the years I have developed a palette for green juices without fruit sweetener. In fact, I avoid juicing fruits because the high sugar content may throw off blood sugar levels. Unbalanced blood sugar levels cause the leaching of phosphorus and calcium from teeth and bones. An occasional juiced apple or orange is okay but prefer to eat fruit whole. I also stopped juicing dark leafy greens that contain Oxalic Acid such as Spinach and Kale. Why? Oxalic Acid has been linked to kidney stones. It also may cause the absorption of calcium and iron and irritate the intestinal track. I juiced tons of Kale in the past years because of the deep, delicious earthy green taste. Now, I simply enjoy it sauteed with tons of garlic and onions as a side dish.

All the bases for my Green juices contain celery and cucumber. I love those two together - they are like nature's 'Gatorade' minus all the processed sugar and bright neon colors. Both veggies are mostly water and are two of the most 'bang for your buck' veggies to juice. Cranberries are fresh and in season so it is great to take advantage and add them to your green juice. Ginger is always present in my juices. I love the spicy kick and it is such a powerful root with so many benefits.


Celery: High in vitamin K, antioxidants, contains natural salt and it is anti-inflammatory.


Cucumber: Made up of 95% water, anti-inflammatory and filled with B vitamins and silica.


Cranberries: Anti-inflammatory, high in vitamin C, contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties. 


Ginger: Aids digestion, Immune Boosting and contains anti-inflammatory compounds.



This is one POWERFUL, tart, anti-inflammatory and nutrient packed health drink to brighten your day! :)



Cranberry Alkalizing Green Juice
for one 
  • 4 ribs of Organic Celery
  • 1/2 Organic Cucumber with Peel
  • 1 cup Fresh Cranberries
  • 1/4 Organic Lemon (Peel optional, it will make the juice bitter)
  • 1 inch Fresh Organic Ginger
  • pinch of Himalayan Sea salt (to bring flavors together)
  • OPTIONAL: 1 Organic Granny Smith Apple

Directions:
  1. Wash all your organic veggies and juice, juice, juice! If you would like a bit of sweetness to your juice or you are simply starting out, add the apple, core and all.
  2. Snack on something while you drink your juice. It will get saliva going and help with assimilation and absorption of the nutrients. 

Enjoy! 


~Blessings to All~

No comments:

Post a Comment